Saturday, November 1, 2008

October in Cheyenne

So another month is over...this is wild... I can't believe that it's only two weeks 'til Special Meeting rounds. Here we are at the beginning of November, and I had to use the Air Conditioning in the car today... 76 degrees! I guess it's supposed to cool down this week, though. I might have to actually wear long sleeves. Here's some pics of life in Tropical Cheyenne...


Reading the Pop-Up Bedtime stories to Travis and Emily...Blissful innocence before the brutal war of Beth - 1, Emily's chin - 0.


I'd been wanting to do a puzzle for weeks... Carolyn got me one at the dollar store. Maybe it was to keep me out of her hair while she finished Sp. Mtg. plans??!!

Mom and Dad came for a visit! They arrived before our gospel meeting Thursday night, and then stayed until Monday morning. It was sooo much fun! Carolyn's parents were able to come too, and though it wasn't planned this way, they were all here at the same time. We made a trip to Vedauwoo...again... and enjoyed showing them around.


Mom and Dad at Lions Park in Cheyenne.


Us in front of Larsen's house in Cheyenne.




Pops is buff...he holds up the boulder with one finger.


So this is where I get "that face."


The Blurry Beaver Dam Pond technique in action.



Out hiking with the 'rents.


Pops and I adventure climb.




Caught: mom and pops canoodling in this rock cave!


Rendezvous Crew: Pops, mom, me, Jane, Everett, Carolyn.



Wow. A trip to the "World's Smallest Town." Buford, WY - only establishment is a Trading Post that specializes in tourist fleecing. The population used to be "2," hmmm... not sure if this is posted evidence of a domestic dispute, or if the dog died. Anyway - now it's lonely for Mr. Buford.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! I miss you tons looks like fun times with the parents.

Jason and Sue said...

Aww sis... thanks for the updates. Just got back from Obama's Grant Park rally..the workers thought it would be interesting, and interesting it was! Miss you dearie! love from Chicago!