Well it had been altogether toooo long since I had been on a roadtrip so Sarah, Gail and I got our heads together and cooked up a plan. Sarah had a friend from AK who is living in San Francisco and Gail and I were looking for adventure so away we went. Cody called us the week before we left to let us know he had bought a one way ticket to San Diego so we begged and pleaded and he finally agreed to meet us for the weekend. We left on Thursday night after work and loaded down with lettuce and carrots we made our way south. We stopped for our first tank of gas out of the city aways and here lies my complaint about having other people pump my gas....I always knew I had a reason. So the story goes I was nicely sitting in my car waiting for the guy to come take my card which he did. Then he starts talking about where we are from etc. I nicely get myself out of the conversation to go meet the girls in the store when we come out the guy casually mentions " Oh you might not want to step in the gas...your car didn't like me" okay now my car has its idiocycracies? but come on it does not purposely spill gas all over the ground. I understand that gas prices are coming down and all but my car was barely under a 1/4 tank and the guy filled it with 12.6 gallons that is a lot of wasted gas. Needless to say I was a pansy and didn't do anything to try and recoup my losses. So after many miles and lots of tunes with a sugarfree rockstar and a few mountain dews under our belts we arrived in the city. Somehow someway I was elected as the city driver that fact was scary in itself but add on top of that my leg was shaking so bad I could barely keep it on the pedal yeah could have been a candidate for a good halloween story but somehow we did survive and I didn't even hit very many pedestrians.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Roadtrip to San Francisco
Posted by Beth and Jewls at 8:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Gail told me about the hostel stay...sounds grand. Miss you girl!
So... it makes me a little less jealous that you went to California and it rained the whole time... well, actually I'm sorta jealous of the rain... and the nachos, and the apple crisp. Okay... nevermind. I'm still a lot jealous. Thanks for the post!
Haha.. and that totally cracks me up that YOU were elected city driver. egads. I'm sure glad I was not in town! :)
Post a Comment