Summer merges into fall gracefully down here in the land of the Wy-homies. It's the beginning of October already, and the leaves are starting to turn. The weather has still been beautiful, but starting to cool off at night. We still haven't had a hard frost, but then again, I forget how far south we actually are!
The other week we stayed with some friends out in the country, and I had fun trap shooting with the kids! Those poor clays didn't stand a chance...

Last week Glenn, Justin, Carolyn and I went to Bird City, Kansas for convention. It was my first time to Kansas. I guess in my stereotypical mind I pictured a long, flat, straight highway through miles and miles of cornfields on both sides. I was sorely dissappointed. There was corn, alright, but in crop circles that were never across the road from eachother. Oh well, there was corn across from the convention grounds, so I spent several mornings wandering through the fields waiting for the sun to come up!
Bird City, Kansas - Convention grounds at dawn from the edge of the cornfield.
Sunrise over the cornfield:
After convention, Carolyn and I spent a night with Ted and Amy Busse. We had so much fun! They took us out to their farm, and I "witched" for water... then we saw the cows, crops and the Kansas countryside. It was a blast.

6 comments:
WOW, someone put a shotgun in your hands? Bet they didn't know your middle name was Annie.
Looks like you are keeping busy and hopefully staying out of trouble...
So my only question is why in the world were you up in time to see the sunrise. This should have been your convention to sleep in! Looks like another state I better get to visiting. Love and miss you!
Ahhh! So neat that you got to spend time with Amy and Ted. We miss them! Great pictures of Kansas too. Glad you had a nice time. I was glad to find your site! I will be checking in... :)
Hey sis! glad you enjoyed Kansas! I hope you are fairly free on saturday (tomorrow) because I'm going to call you!
Hey Beth!!!
COOL pictures! Looks like tons of fun...makes me miss southern WY!
Sure glad you're there & having a great time....!
For some reason that picture of you and the shotgun totally reminded me of the Klawock river and shooting sea gulls...hmmm..I'm sure that was totally your idea;) love you sis!
Post a Comment