Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Week in Wyoming!

As the weather consistently becomes cooler, the colors around Southeast Wyoming are turning from green to yellow to brown. Thinking it would be our last chance for the year, Carolyn and I took a picnic up to Vedauwoo park one day last week. I think we had just missed the best and brightest of the fall leaves; the trees were getting pretty bare, but we had a nice walk and lunch anyway.

In the middle of one trail we were excited to find a mommy moose and her calf. We decided our lives were more important than our hike, so stopped and turned around. I climbed the rocks, giving them a wide berth, and snapped this pic from up above and beside them. The moose on the left, the mom, is staring straight ahead at Carolyn... who is about 30 yards in front of her on the trail.



Back to work for awhile, now. We had just a skiff of snow earlier this week, but it melted right away. Jack Frost, however, is getting lots of practice.
Looking forward to mom and dad's visit in a couple of days, and Carolyn's parents are coming too! It's the perfect time for a Great Alaskan Fish Fry!!!

3 comments:

Jason and Sue said...

I'm so jealous that mom and dad are coming to visit you and jealousy's not very becoming on me.. I guess we know who the favorite daughter is once again;) I'm only kidding sis! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having all kinds of fun! Come take me away from this stinkin city. Can I come visit? I love you! Really going through beth withdrawals so anytime you want to call would be splendiferous.

Jen said...

Well, I happened upon your blog through Leilani and I'm glad! :)

I was just going to leave the comment that I'd HEARD, once upon a time, that there were moose up at Vedauwoo, but in the six years that I've lived here, I've never seen them. That is so AWESOME that you guys did, though! An exciting moment for your day! :)

See you soon!