Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Fledgling in Eastern Wyoming

My life has become a bit of a yo-yo between independant and completely dependant... and I've been thrown from the nest once again... onto this thing called Special Meeting Rounds. Finding my wings is proving to be a challenge, but once in awhile I make a good solid flap and avoid disaster.

Anyway, a couple of weeks, muchas miles, lots of stories, cookies, and some news friends are now between me and Cheyenne.

North to Montana!!!

Thanks to Loren and Justin, what started as a joke has now become fascination... uh-oh... anyone know where I can find some green apple colored leather? I want to make a purse.

Shawna and I left early one morning to meet the crew in Billings. We stopped here in Bridger for an A.M. car swap, and the sunrise was awesome!


On a schedule free morning in Eastern Wyoming I was able to take one of the visiting sisters, Joy Widel from Oklahoma, across the Nebraska border to see some culture. We went to the Scotttsbluff National Monument, and drove the steep snakey road up to the top of this bluff. It overlooks the well known section of the Oregon Trail between Scottsbluff and Chimney Rock.




A Conestoga wagon abandoned along the trail...

The perfect place for a bit of culture, and a brisk morning run... what can make you feel more All-American than The Oregon Trail?! Due to the windy nature of this area, the actual ruts are no longer visible on this section, but this sandy path is right where the pioneers came through!

So... looking forward to Lusk Special Meeting tonight, and then we're... "On the road again...".

7 comments:

Jason and Sue said...

Thanks for the update!! Your pictures are adorable!! I totally remember trying to get to Chimney rock on the Oregon Trail:) I'm glad to see you're having a blasty blast, but we miss you in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

FUN to see your update. Glad you are surviving without me...maybe even thriving??? Miss you..
I'm in Plentywood tonight.
CJ

Anonymous said...

I miss you!!! You look so cute. Good times on the Oregon Trail.

Jaylin said...

Bethany!!! i feel like i dont know you right now. i miss talking to you!
i think you have my email.. but if not its jaylinr03@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like specials are going well! Sorry we missed you at Cheyenne! I hate I-80..

Kari D. said...

You are very cute. Glad it's going good. Hope special mtg. rounds don't wear you out too much, but even if it does, I know it's a "good tired".
Love,
Kari

<3 Sierra said...

The Oregon Trail?!?! AWESOME!!! I've always wanted to see a part of it! I'm jealous...