Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jewls: Beth and Jewls Reunion- Part 1

Well Beth was so kind as to make the long trek out from Cheyenne, WY to the great state of Washington (or maybe it is Dean we should thank). I drove up and met her on friday night at Leilani Price's parents home in Olympia, WA. Beth had a couple of days before she had to appear at Olympia convention so we decided to make the most of it. The following are some pictures of the entertaining times that followed.Sorry the pictures are a little backwards!

Hiking up by Mt. Rainier
We picked up Uncle Bert and took him to Mt. St. Helens for a few hours

Climbing out of the cave


Beth sneaking past the fee sign at Mt. St. Helens. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so we could only see the base of the mountain.



Back in the sunlight

Dustin, Leilani, and Beth



Beth climbing an 8ft wall in the cave




This picture is us about to descend into the Ape Caves down by Mt. St. Helens

(Julie, Beth, Leilani)


Saturday morning found us rousted at 9 am after missing our alarm. Beth had been awake all night listening for the sound of a car leaving the driveway which would mean it was time to get up. She woke up instead to the sound of a car returning and realized it was time to get going. We were supposed to be leaving at 9 to drive down to the Ape Caves and go Spelunking.


Beth and I decided it would be fun to spend the night sleeping in the hay barn. Yeah bad idea!!!Now Beth can say what she likes about my bed and I will admit she spent the night in some extremely large cracks...well needless to say I don't think either of us were anxious for a repeat performance.

1 comments:

Beth and Jewls said...

Oh yeah.. my cozy little crack cubby. Well, I'd give you the good bale again if I had the chance! haha.
Love ya!
-Bethers