Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ringing in The New Year 2009

Well our annual New Years Get-to-Gether was a little quieter than usual but still a ton of fun. Mouse and I made the long trek from Mom and Dad's a little longer due to an avalanche on Snoqualmie. We made it all the way to Buckingham's and then had to put the chains on halfway up the driveway. I have been adamantly opposed to using chains but they actually worked wonders and might have made a beliver out of me. I guess it helps that Brian and Shawn were so kind as to leave the warm house to come out and put the chains on for me so I didn't even have to crawl around in the snow in my skirt! Beth also had quite the time on her trip back from Great Falls. It took 3 tries to get over Rogers pass resulting in a seven hour trip instead of the normal four and a half. UGH! We all had a rousing good time of games,knee wars, snowboarding, sled races,basketball and the works. The jump ball...Uncle Bert vs. Mera

John's stylin new outfit


Uncle Bert and Aunt Jay fixing Leah up after smashing her toe into a snow bank while running to the mailbox on New Years





Snowball fight

Beth and I had to stop for our trademark XENERGY'S

Those who braved the early morning to go snowboarding at Lookout Pass



A very wet little mousie

I love this view


Beth, Shyla and Mandy with there game faces on
Uncle Bert headed up to the sledding hill to cut down some trees so we could get a better run





4 comments:

Wrena said...

WoW! way fun!

<3 Sierra said...

Looks like a rousing good time! I wish I could have made it! :( Oh, well, there's always next time! ;)

Beth and Jewls said...

Oh dear.... your photo selection is bizarre...again...!
Love you!
-Boof

Beth and Jewls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.