I am finally employed again. After 4 glorious months of living my life without letting such a terrible thing as work interfere : ) I was ready to get back into the life of the working woman. Until....I started working. I arrived in my new home September 2nd with the ambition of finally settling down. I have been working at a temp. agency here in town for the past couple of weeks. I started doing data-entry for a research company which helped the money situation but was not the most mentally exciting job. Last week I braved the Max train and went into downtown Portland to meet with a lady at a higher end temp agency where they handle more Administrative Assistant type jobs. To make a long story short I started working at Wells Fargo in the unclaimed property department today. I work right in downtown Portland and my commute conisists of 3 major interstates and a highway (I-84, I-5,
I-405, and Hwy. 30). The whole trip is supposed to take 30 min. about 18 miles but this morning it took an hour and a half to get there. I work 9:30am-6pm so it makes for some long days. This evening as I was racing home trying to get back in time for meeting it struck me as really funny that I am living exactly the life I always said I would never live. Here I am stuck in traffic in the middle of a huge city with angry drivers all around and basically somedays I really miss the wide open spaces and my Great Falls traffic jams. City life is exciting and fast paced and I am really looking forward to this new experience. P.S if you want a visual of my workplace you might think Office Space. Basically picture cubicles as far as you can see with little heads popping over the top yelling back and forth and people yapping a million miles per hour on their headsets. Yep that will be me! But it is only for 3 months if not a little longer and I hope to really enjoy it in the mean time. On the plus side I work in the Montgomery Park building which is really neat. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can get a paycheck and go buy a new camera! Well goodnight for now. Hope this finds everyone doingn awesome. Brian and I are headed up to Sequim this weekend to meet up with Gail so we can hang out with the families.
I-405, and Hwy. 30). The whole trip is supposed to take 30 min. about 18 miles but this morning it took an hour and a half to get there. I work 9:30am-6pm so it makes for some long days. This evening as I was racing home trying to get back in time for meeting it struck me as really funny that I am living exactly the life I always said I would never live. Here I am stuck in traffic in the middle of a huge city with angry drivers all around and basically somedays I really miss the wide open spaces and my Great Falls traffic jams. City life is exciting and fast paced and I am really looking forward to this new experience. P.S if you want a visual of my workplace you might think Office Space. Basically picture cubicles as far as you can see with little heads popping over the top yelling back and forth and people yapping a million miles per hour on their headsets. Yep that will be me! But it is only for 3 months if not a little longer and I hope to really enjoy it in the mean time. On the plus side I work in the Montgomery Park building which is really neat. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can get a paycheck and go buy a new camera! Well goodnight for now. Hope this finds everyone doingn awesome. Brian and I are headed up to Sequim this weekend to meet up with Gail so we can hang out with the families.



2 comments:
Congrats on the new job!! Your commute totally cracks me up but I am very impressed with the positive outlook on city life. We can handle anything "temporarily"...right?? Love you hooles!
Oh you should have seen the traffic jam the other day in Great Falls, Larry was playing frogger on 10th...
Okay, so maybe that is only funny if you have lived here. Glad to hear you are loving life in OR, and you need to stop sharing so much with your roomie. Don't even want to know how you both have been exposed to the kissing disease...
Post a Comment